Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Fly on the Wall & Just Imagine

It's been very interesting to watch.  I didn't catch wind of it until it was a bit late (I don't always scroll back to catch up on old tweets). But like I said, it's been very interesting to watch this Secret Santa #nztwittersecretsanta play out in its entirety.  It seems to have originated from here. Twitter in a way seems to bring togther a whole collection of random strangers & create localised communities like nothings been able to do since IRC days.  It's very reminiscent for me, I spent a lot of time on IRC 10+ years ago, so I don't often participate in Twitter activities but it's fun to watch it evolve.  And it's a great way to get news & information fast.  Does anybody remember pIRCh?

It's been 30years now since Lennon was shot dead as he returned home to his apartment one night.  I never had the chance to be around while he was in the world, but from what I've heard and read he sounds passionate about all things peace & humanity.  There needs to be more people like this willing to stand up & say, we just accept you, we of all nationalities, genders, wealth etc are able to just get along together in this world.  There was someone else like this though, Bob Marley, who once said,


Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.

2 comments:

  1. How can I forget pIRCh, Drew? :p Except it was never updated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I know right ! It's still even now pIRCh98 ..man that looked so flash and new back then!

    ReplyDelete