Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Assange Easier to Catch Than Bin Laden & Chrome OS

Turns out the Wikileaks founder was probably the most easy person to arrest off of an Interpol Most Wanted list than anyone ever before. He wrote this just before his arrest which is a very interesting read.  Why him ? The newspapers are just as culpable surely?  And as for the charges themselves, this is the most in depth I've found to come to my own conclusions that they're rubbish. I'll be following this one closely..

On an entirely different note, I'm sold.  Chrome OS I'm talking about, it just seems perfect to me for the form factor it seems to be aimed at. I've wanted a laptop / notebook / netbook (one of the above) for a while but have been put off by the amount of time it takes to become usable, i.e. boot time.  Also, I've become to realise as soon as I sit in front of a computer I open the browser & find I spend at least 95% of my time there.  I'd love to be able to take that environment out and about & be able to compute from anywhere, have all my settings & installed apps / extensions come with me etc.  Only time will tell if the general population will understand & "get" it, but I sure hope they do as I'm very keen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment